The club was recently handed a photo by Len Manzie, which was taken circa 1960 by Don Bailes. It is a photo of the team joined by Don’s grandfather Ernie Bailes who played for the club from 1922-29. Although the venue may not be easily recognisable to some of our younger members, the Old Green Shed in the background was our clubrooms at the Home of Cricket, Castlefield Reserve.
In the photo are:
Back Row: John Kenny (Hall of Fame, Life Member, Team of the 60s), Ron (Banjo) Paterson, (Team of the 50s, Club Champion 1960-61), George Jackson (Hall of Fame, Life Member, Team of the 60s, Club Champion 1959-60, 1962-63, 1968-69), Les Gregory, Doug Powell (Hall of Fame, Life Member, Team of the 70s).
Front Row: Kevin Gleeson (Hall of Fame, Life Member, Team of the Century, Team of the 60s, Club Champion 1958-59), Barry O’Keefe (Team of the 60s), Ernie Bailes, Wally Barnes, unknown (any information would be appreciated), Kevin Blair (Life Member).